Tuesday, July 05, 2011

In the shadows

 
I have drawn this picture when I was in Cuba. This is a girl walking in shadows upon the burning ground, but the flames are not hot; they are rather soft and comforting but they will suck the light away from this girl if she stops. Iguana is riding her cloak since I was in Cuba and why not. She holds her hands in that way to concentrate on her goal and do not sway. Her face is concerned yet still beautiful. On the left is a symbol representing the wind which refers back to her as she like a wind has to keep moving or otherwise she will not be. 

She was inspired by a girl I met while in Cuba. (Iguana was inspired by an iguana I met in Cuba too.) And the darkness came from that rap song I do not remember the name of.

Pencil on drawing paper. Took me around an hour to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment