Saturday, May 07, 2011

Female knight


This is the picture of a woman in a full armor (except helm). Small shield and a light armor allows for mobility. So that she could fight with finesse. Her style of fighting centers around rotating in one spot alternating attacks or parries with shield and sword and disorient the enemy with the cloak. She is very concentrated on the picture lost deep in thought or preparing for battle. She also looks kind of sad as if she feels pity for someone she sees. 

I wanted to remember old times and draw some warriors in the armor thus this picture has come to be. I really enjoyed drawing all that armor detailing even though this picture took me several days to finish. Around three to four hours of actual drawing. This girl also appeared to be too thin after I have scanned it but besides that I really like this picture.

Black ink on white paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment